The Premier Financial Accounting Courses across the Globe
Financial accounting primarily deals with the preparation of the financial statements that are meant for the people and organizations that are not directly involved in the day to day functioning and operations of the organization. People like suppliers, banks, stock holders, employees, owners, government agencies and other interested people and organizations.
There are two main global bodies that offer premier qualifications as financial accounting courses. These are:
- The Association of chartered Accountants: A British accounting association that is considered to be the world’s fastest growing as well as the most reputed organizations in the world with around 362,000 students and affiliates around the world. This body has its presence in around 170 countries. The premier of all the financial accounting courses offered by this body is the Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA or FCCA) qualification. A list of the financial accounting courses that are offered by this body are:
- The Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA): In order to acquire the qualification of the ACCA, the student is required to complete 14 examinations as well as three years of supervised and relevant accountancy experience.
- The Certified Accounting Technician (CAT): This financial accounting course is taken by the students as an introductory course to their further professional qualification. It can also be taken up as a standalone qualification. The usual time period that is required to complete this course is 1.5 years albeit there is no restriction on the number of papers that can be attempted in one try.
- MBA in association with Oxford Brookes University: This course is meant for the full time members of the ACCA.
- Diploma in Financial Management
- MSc in Financial Management offered in collaboration with Heriot Watt University
- Diploma in International Financial Reporting ( DipIFR)
- Certificate in International Financial Reporting (CertIFR)
- Certificate in International auditing(CertIA)
- The CPA Exam: The qualification of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) is recognized in the United States of America. In order to become a certified CPA the student has to pass the examination of the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination that is conducted by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and is administered by the National Association of the State Boards of Accountancy. In order to sit for this examination it is required to have a minimum qualification of a US bachelor’s degree that requires a minimum numbers of qualifying credit hours in the field of accounting and business administration along with 1 year of additional study. This requisite qualification is known as the “150 hours rule”. Around 45 states in the United States of America have recognized this rule.
These are the premier bodies in the world that offer financial accounting courses all across the world.