An Overview of Pros and Cons of Forensic Accounting Study
Generally, the investigation procedures are challenging and timeconsuming; therefore, it requires lots of skills and patience. This statement is literally applicable to the forensic accounting studies. Since, it is more challenging and risky therefore, forensic accounting services have pros and cons. For the better understanding, this article clearly describes the pros and cons of forensic accounting study through separate sections.
- Forensic accounting is a new field that offers a good career opportunity; hence, the students of accounts can take the advantage of this opportunity. There is a huge demand of forensic accountants in the both the sectors i.e. government as well as the private sector. The incidences of increasing fraud in the business have brightened the prospects of forensic accounting studies. Today, almost every business needs a forensic accountant.
- There are various positions that a forensic accountant can take advantage of ; hence, it provides for better job opportunity.
- This job is quite adventurous and every time comes with new challenges. So, if you are hard working and are always ready to accept new challenges then this course is perfect for you. In this job, alongwith the ability to exercise your brains you also need to be computer skilled. In fact, the multiplicity of knowledge is necessary because it will help you to find the source of the problems.
- Last but not the least, the salary of a beginner forensic accountant is around 35,000 USD to 60, 000 USD per year. It proportionally increases with experience.
However, With the Attractive Pros There are also Some Cons Associated With This Service:
- Since, this job is more challenging therefore, high skills and capabilities are required to become a Certified Forensic accountant, but getting the certificate is not an easy task. For this, you have to have minimum bachelor degree of accounting. It will certify you as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and only then you can opt for a master degree program for the specialization.
- There is always feasibility that being a forensic accountant, you may be tried to be proven wrong by the defendant's attorney. Therefore, you need to be well aware and prepared to face the defendant’s attorney. Your single mistake may harm you like anything. In addition, you need to be very knowledgeable, witty, skilled, and honest so that no one can question your abilities.
- The life of a forensic accountant is always at risk because when a fraud is found in the business of a certain company, the company owner or the concerned person possibly may want to harm you to stop you from giving any oral and written evidence in the court.
Moreover, every field where you may make your career has its own pros and cons; the difference is only of degree. Hence, if you love to accept the challenges and the risks then it is of course the best opportunity for you.